Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shopping

I have been updating my wardrobe to Taiwan's fashions, but it has been a little difficult. There are plenty of places to by things, the night market, or the giant clothing market by the train station, but size is an issue. I am taller then most of the girls my age, and I have gained weight since I came. I haven't found any jeans I like yet, but I have plenty of new shirts, skirts, and a few dresses. On Sunday, I got to go to church. It was all in Chinese, so I didn't understand it, but it was fun to watch and listen. I hope I will be able to go next week. Then, After I had lunch, I went on a bike ride around town. I needed more supplies for my crocheting, and a few other things. Then, I went home and we went to dinner, just me and my host parents. That is when i found out that I was going to a barbecue. It was really fun, their was a guy from the U.S. there, so we talked a bit. He has been living in Taiwan for 12 years, and speaks Chinese very well. It was fun to hear his views on the culture, and the things that the people in Taiwan won't tell you. Like how the laws are more of suggestions, and they don't really kill people for dealing drugs. I have been having a good time. My school doesn't do anything like homecoming, mostly people study. I have everything I need (money, clothes, food, and my host family is letting me borrow a guitar), so don't worry. I love you all!

Zai Jian!

2 comments:

  1. How much taller are you than the other girls? Are the laws radically different than the laws in the U.S. I think its cool that you were able to go to a church service. Can you even mind clothes that fit you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Jenn! Just Tori again (very busy week, FFA's kinda driving me to the ground) BUT anyways, I'm glad you're doing good! And it's good that you're growing, haha you'll be taller than me when you get back (but probably not heavier though, I think I'll outweigh you till I die). It's cool that you are finding some clothes that fit, as well as a guitar! cool! Glad you sound like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete