Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday!!! and Lugang






Today was my birthday. It was a lot of fun. I got to open the package from home this morning. Thank you for all of the letters and the presents. At school, every single one of my classes sang happy birthday to me. My home room class got me a cake and some presents. It was a lot of fun. My Chinese teacher got me some note cards with Chinese sayings on them, they also have the English translation on them.
Lugang is a town near mine. We went last Sunday to visit a temple there that is dedicated to the goddess Mazu. It was very interesting. All around the temple were vendors selling many different things. Some had food, but there were also clothing and toy vendors. It was very fun. Thank you for all of your love and support.

Zai Jian!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn,

    Interesting looking cake. Homecoming has been going well. You should have seen the color dances. Does your school do anything like homecoming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JENN!!!
    Sorry this is late, we couldn't ever get everyone together for some stupid reason or other..... But HAPPY LATE 16th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
    That cake looks really cool. are those walnuts on it? Ads Lungang sounds like it was fun, interesting I've never heard of Mazu before...

    ReplyDelete