Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jiji and keyboards











Last Sunday, I went with 4 of my friends to Jiji. It was a lot of fun. We took the train from Yuanlin to Jiji, and then we rented bicycles. We got 2 tandem bikes, and 1 regular one. I got to ride on the back of one of the tandem ones. We rode to two temples, one outdoor museum/exhibit, and all around town. The temples are beautiful, the colors are so vivid the architecture is amazing. The collapsed temple collapsed 11 years ago during a large earthquake. It was still beautiful and interesting, even though it was damaged. The museum/exhibit was of old military vehicles. They were interesting, but not nearly as fun as the rope swing there. For lunch, we went to a local restaurant and had dumplings. It is banana season in Jiji, so everyone was either buying, selling, or growing bananas. I had a lot of fun, and my friends got me a souvenir puzzle as an early birthday present. I got the package that my mom sent, opened it, and put it away. I plan on saving my present for my actual birthday. All I know, is that it includes bubble wrap :D. Thanks!

Zai Jian.

3 comments:

  1. Your friends are HERE. well, not literally, but mentally and spiritually! Darby says that she has FINALLY gotten a facebook page. How do the keyboards WORK? Tori's glad you and your friends had a fun time in Jiji. Had no idea it was banana season. hmm...... Shayna says hi, how are you? I'm hopeing a) I can give blood tomorrow, and b) if I can, that I won't pass out. Darby loves the fact that we are STILL typing in third person. Hey Jenn its brittney, im also giving blood tomarrow!! exciting! i miss you. Hope you are having fun in your tiwanese adventures lol. by the way this is not a spelling contest haha.

    Hi Jenn, I'm still working on the idea of getting a facebook. Not ready yet.

    Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,

    On Thursday, part of the Galleria mall burned down. Some disgruntled employee of Gamestop brought a back pack with a firebomb in it and burned the entire wing between Macy's and JC Penny's. When that happened , the sprinklers for the entire mall went off. The whole mall is either burned, smoke, water or heat damaged. Nobody is allowed inside yet. They say the mall might be open again for black friday, but they don't know for sure.

    Also, The San Fransisco Giants made it to the World Series along with the Texas Rangers.

    Go Giants!!!

    ReplyDelete