Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011!

This last weekend was crazy. The New Year's party was in Taipei. All of the students crowded onto two buses in Taizhong, which is about an hour from my house. Then, we took the 3 hour drive to Taipei. We got to Taipei at around five in the evening. We went off in small groups around the city for a little bit, and then we came back for dinner. There was a McDonalds right by where we parked, so we all ate there. Then, we waited for six hours until midnight. This time was spent by most of the exchange students hanging out with some of the other exchange students from Taipei. It was fun, but a few of us less party going types went to a nerby mall that had a twenty four hour book store. I have already finished reading "The Lost Symbol". When it was finaly time for the fireworks, we crowded onto a gazebo in the middle of a pond and wathed the five minute long firworks display at Taipei 101. After the first thirty seconds, smoke had obscured the details of the fireworks, but it was still a spectacular show. Then, when I got back to Taizhong (at 4 the next morning and having not slept at all), it was time for the hour long drive home. I stayed at my first home stay for two nights before going to live with my second homestay. On Sunday, I went with my second homestay to a potary place in the mountans, then we went to a mushroom growin factory. There, we ate mushrooms. They tasted good at the time, but not so good an hour later when we exited the car for dinner. We went to an Italian resteraunt, but I couldn't eat anything. Just looking at the food made me feel like running to the bathroom, wich I ended up doing. I stayed home from school on Monday, but I went to school today. I am 100% now, so don't worry. I really like my new homestay, and the shower in my bathroom (that's right, MY bathroom) is amazing. I got my presents for the Latham's and Liz, thank you so much! Good job Shayna on the craftsmanship!

Zai Jian!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are having fun. What is your new homestay like?

    ReplyDelete