Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Monsoon!

We have had at least 3 monsoons in the last week. The weather has been insane, monsoons aside. It is always hot and humid. It can be sunny in the morning, and raining the whole ocean down by lunch. I started riding a bike to school this week. It is relatively flat, so it is a quick, simple ride. This week, I also started my schedule. My only academic classes are my Chinese, and one math class on Mon. Tomorrow, I have cooking all morning, and I heard we will be making moon cakes. My classes are going well, and I am having a lot of fun. I do not have a uniform yet, but I promise, their will be pictures as soon as I do. Here are some answers to the questions I have received:

I am in math class with the first years. I am not sure what level it technically is.

I am not sure if hibiscuses are naturally occurring in Taiwan.

I am not taking any science classes, but because my school is home ec. and bossiness, I don't think their are any.

I have no clue about the constellations. I live in the middle of the city, so their are a lot of lights all of the time. Plus, I am exhausted by the end of the day, and I fall asleep fast.

I don't think I will ever get to meet my host brothers. One is in Brazil for a year, and the other is in New Zealand.

My Host mom and dad are very helpful and supportive.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful and kind. Love you all,

Zai Jian!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn! It's everyone again. It looks like our last comment didn't take. Brittney is hanging over our shoulders- she wants to know if you call your host mom and dad "host mom and dad."
    The rest of are glad you are having fun. Liz hopes the mooncakes are delicous- and Shay is jelous that you get cooking.
    Darby is glad you are having fun, and jelous that you are in an awesome country.
    Tor is glad you are having fun and hopes that it gets less tiering for you.
    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jenn,
    Questions:
    Do you live in a apartment?
    How many students attend your school?
    How many kinds of schools are there?
    Do you know what determines what kind of School you attend?
    What are moon cakes?
    How close to Taipei are you?
    Well these are some of our questions to you Grandma is really curious. We Love you and Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete