Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School and vacation






Today was my second day at school. I have not gotten a uniform yet, but I promise, there will be pictures as soon as I do. My school is great, and everyone is very nice. I got to make my schedual today, and it is mainly electives and chinese. My only realy academic class is math. My host family is very nice. My host mom speaks some english, and is very helpful. My host father speaks no english, but is very nice. Last weekend, I went with my host family and the local Rotary to the Peiking creek resort and spa in the mountains. The girl in the picture is Jessica, her parents are in Rotary too. Thank you all for being so supportive.

Zai Jian

2 comments:

  1. hi Jenn The pictures r beautiful. Glad to hear things are going well. We sang happy birthday to your mom today over the phone. Pictures remind me of Isa 55;10,11 - As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it w/o watering the earth, and making it bud and flourish,,,,,so is My Word that goes out from my mouth. It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire, and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Love you - Grandma H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,

    I'm glad you are enjoying school and everything. What math are you in? The pictures are beautiful. Do hibiscus flowers naturally grow in Taiwan or were they brought there? My mom wanted to know if you are taking any science classes.

    My family says hi.

    -Liz ( formally authorpoet)

    ReplyDelete